- Authentication: Review of all available research material to confirm and authenticate an item as the genuine article.
- Documentation: Archiving of related materials confirming an item’s authenticity including written documentation, still photography, video images, production records, and other promotional materials if/when available.
- Certification: GC provides certificates of authenticity for each consigned item. GC may also provide additional letters of provenance from inner industry sources related to an item’s use on a production. Additional fees may apply.
- Inclusion in our monthly newsletters, targeted emails to individual collectors, and mass emails to all clients in our international database of memorabilia collectors.
- Viral marketing in collector forums/social networking sites/fan sites.
- Press releases to viable media outlets (where applicable).
- For high profile items/productions, GC offers customized graphic banners which are displayed on the home page of our website for maximum visibility and promotion. Averaging 1 million hits per month.
- Customized marketing plans for large collections or studio productions. Utilize our knowledge and expertise in the entertainment industry and the global collecting arena to bring additional promotion and visibility to the project.
- Sales: Optimal exposure for all items is provided through the GC website, product placement through exclusive retail vendors, online and live auctions, and direct sales to our elite clientele.
The Golden Closet’s consignment fees are based on a sliding scale of the net proceeds generated. We do not accept items that are valued at $2000 or less for individual consignments.
Consignor agrees to pay for all additional costs that may be required for the proper presentation and marketing of the consigned item, including but not limited to:
- Shipment to / from our premises
- Research / authentication fees
- Additional presentation / documentation fees
- Auction listing fees
- Any additional related fees or costs or fees to be approved by consignor prior to sale
*Please note: The terms listed above are for general reference only. Specific terms and lengths of consignment agreements may be negotiable on an individual basis. Detailed copies of our legally binding Consignment contracts and associated forms may be downloaded directly by clicking on the links below.
*LINKS/DOWNLOADABLE COPIES OF ACTUAL LEGAL CONTRACTS/FORMS HERE*
For further information on consigning your item(s) through The Golden Closet Please contact us at or call our offices at 818-759-0609 (Business Hours M-F 10am – 6pm PST).
We look forward to hearing from you!